Monday, January 14, 2008

First Salary

BABA UMAR
The ‘first’ has always something special about it. Be it first love, first venture outside, or meeting your spouse first time. And to top it all whenever anyone gets his first salary he feels elated and over the top of the world. There is nothing like having your first salary.

For the staff it is always exciting as they finally get the bucks to execute the plans they knit in a month’s long time. “Once my salary arrives, I pay my bills, spend some money on buying clothes and books,” says Shafia Gulzar, a computer instructor. “And by the time I spend all the money I realise it is already middle of the month and just keep wondering when will the month get over so that I get the month’s salary again,” she laughs.

The sheer excitement and the thrill of getting first salary is immense and equally a great experience. “It is actually a huge happiness—your first salary. I am delighted and want to dance at the top of my energy,” says Bashraat Ahmad, who just encashed his cheque from JK Bank. “It is the day I will never forget in my life.”

And when the pocket bulges for the first time, you recollect that your friends had asked for a treat the day when you got selected for the job.
“Yes, after couple of days I want to throw a party,” says Abid Hussain, who got selected in a Mumbai-based IT firm. “And I am also thinking for a Mobile phone, may be I will buy it on the next payday,” he says.
And there are some who think the first salary belongs to their parents.
“First salary is always special, it goes to your parents and some part of it goes as alms to poor,” says a woman, who wished not to be named. “You buy gifts for your family and like to remember first payday that sets the era of your financial independence.”The money, she says, which one gives to one’s parents doesn’t make any difference, nor do parents call for it, but it is parent’s hope that matters.

The first salary is joy which one remembers for long and it is the same salary which gives us the feel of independence.

No comments: